Monday, June 18, 2007

One thing about me

One's all I can manage just now; I'm in deadline hell. Hope that's OK till I can pony up more?

My first romantic/sexual stirrings were for a cartoon character. He had no name; he was just some blond profile in a comic book. I tore his face out of the comic and slept with him under my pillow. Looking at him made me feel funny in a good way. I might have been 12 at the time.

Later, I had a brief comix career and even got published a couple of times.



Might have been 30 years later, I met this fella at a party. I'd met him before and thought he was too old for me (he's four years younger). He was just back from Germany. I said something about comix and he said "I HATE comix" and I knew he didn't. I also knew something was weird, because I'd always abhorred hairy men, and his furry knuckles were causing me lust.

So I married him. He makes me feel funny in a good way.

2 Comments:

Blogger calamitysue said...

Ahhhhh stirrings ,what mysterious and wonderful things they are.
Will you show us your Comix ?Please. Take your time with the list,we can savor the information.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Sure, if I can find them. Like everything else, they're in a pile of crap someplace. (Don't ever move; you'll regret it. At this point I've lost more things than I ever owned. I don't miind losing things, though, nearly as much as I mind not being able to find things I know I still have.)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home