Friday, June 15, 2007

ME,Me, Me,Me,Me,Me,Me.Me,Me,Me.

Oh lordy,Ive been tagged by a woman who I admire and would rather like to impress .10 things about me.Im no writer Amy.Be brave now Sue,here you go.





1I had a 70s childhood-My Dad used to buy and do up lovely cars but we had no money at all.This was ok ,it taught me to be resourceful-to Op shop(our word for thrift shopping).I have rarely ever bought anything new-I even make my own knickers.
2.As a child I refused to have anything to do with other children.I spent my time alone or with my adopted grandfather,he was a very kind and eccentric Scotsman who taught me about gardening and ancient history.
3.When I was 10 I refused to do anything at school because I detested my teacher-the head of the school let me sit in the high school library for the entire school year.The first two books I read were Wuthering Heights and Christiane F.(Oh dear)

3.When I was 14 I embraced music.Punk, Goth.I couldn't wait to get out of my small home town and do all that rock and roll lifestyle stuff. I went to Art school.I was a barmaid.I saw thousands of bands.I had a lot of fun









3.When I was 29 I backpacked all over the world(saw a lot more bands) and decided to return to Tasmania and live in the country(this was one of the best decisions of my life.)
4.I failed to have an Art career because I have no ambition at all (loads of talent of course).
5.When I get really drunk I have to listen to"The Ace of Spades ".
6.For years I collected Catholic kitsch despite a complete lack of faith in anything.Now I think it was some kind of fetish caused by my mothers lurid descriptions of her Catholic upbringing.
















7.I can't drive a car.
8.I always need to have something to do with my hands.Knitting,sewing,spinning,carving.This apron is the last thing I finished.














9.I love growing food and I love cooking.My partner and I are almost self sufficient and what food we can't grow we barter for with produce from our garden.
10.This is my friend ,partner and love of my life.

9 Comments:

Blogger calamitysue said...

I really meant to edit some of those 3's out.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

This is so cool, Sue! What a hellion you were (and are, I suppose). Thanks for doing this.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I have been wanting to know more about you ever since I found your flickr page.

I don't drive either. (Can't. Don't want to.)

9:26 AM  
Blogger calamitysue said...

Thanks to both of you-I found it an interesting and slightly confronting thing to do.It really made me question what I want people to know and what they might think was interesting.
Angelina ,I thought about tagging you too-but I havn't checked all your blog to see if it has already been done?
I have to go out and pick herbs in the frost now,there is frost on the inside of the windows this morning.

2:38 PM  
Blogger calamitysue said...

Angelina you sure have done the best lists ever-Im going to be smiling all week.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I'm glad you enjoyed mine too!

Incidentally, I haven't put this blog on my blog roll because it seems like such a more private blog between old friends which I'm just glad you all don't mind my crashing. But I would like to put it in the blog roll so it's easier for me to visit. Any preference about this?

8:30 AM  
Blogger calamitysue said...

I don't mind if you put us on your Blog roll Angelina.Does anyone else mind?

5:20 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Not me. What's a blog roll? Anything like a jelly roll?

5:25 AM  
Blogger amy said...

Sorry it took so long for me to read your list. You are a brave, interesting woman, just like I thought. Wish I could sew, my gardening skills are nonexistent - but we can learn, can't we? Thanks Sue, must go listen to Ace of Spades myself!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home