Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The F. Word

Thats right,I felted ,a vest-on purpose.Want to make something of it?
Im starting to think(to realise) that all the mates I used to show these things to have moved away from this little town.We are now officially not a sleepy little poverty stricken backwater,full of locals,hippies and social outcasts(I include A and I in that last group).
There is money ,I can smell it ,I can see it.It is driving big silver 4wds and building Mcmansions.Must build a bigger fence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

How the heck do you felt wool, anyway? Just rub it till all the fibers cross over and get entangled?

Sounds like your town is in the same case as Vermont, except that we got there about 30 years ago, so the damage is more advanced. Back then, the farmers were saying (ironically, because they knew they couldn't afford to), "If you like your view, you'd better buy it." Now they're barely hanging on, and the McMansions are marching up the lake shore, through the old orchards, on the ridgelines. To your average city dweller, this place still looks like bucolic wilderness, but we remember the way it used to be.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home