Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Long Time No...

Hidie all, been lurking but uninspired. Remember Marietta's eggplants? Here's the After photo:

















Anyone want to move to beautiful Cambridge, Massachusetts? I know this great place. Here's the scoop: http://tinyurl.com/kewub

Mom had her last treatment Monday, for two weeks anyway. Fingers crossed, everyone, thanks.

The tyranny of the harvest is upon us. I'm cooking and freezing, cooking and freezing. Turning the pumpkins so they'll be tanned and shapely. Hanging bunches of herbs in the breezeway to dry. Soon, the neighbors will find canoe-sized zucchinis on their porches when they go out to get the morning paper.


And I have work. It keeps coming in; I'm employed at least halfway through October. I've paid the Feds. Vermont must wait a few more paychecks. Then I can buy fuel for the winter. And then maybe I'll send Calamity her patterns, which have been sitting on our table for months now.

2 Comments:

Blogger calamitysue said...

Wow it seems that it was only last week you were preparing the beds.Your harvest looks fantastic.

1:07 AM  
Blogger calamitysue said...

Really have been sending out some positive stuff for your Mum and you as well.Its hard when you try not to say prayers-positive stuff,I should be able to come up with some better way of describing it.But hey ,thinking a lot about youXXXXX

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home