Sunday, June 04, 2006

Under roofs

Love Jaqui. Her portraits are fierce, but I like her better when she's not so literal. That you with the lariat and the garters, cowgirl?

A glove form! I used to live in an old farmhouse that still had its big black cast-iron wood cookstove. It heated the house too. And next to it hung sock forms: wire outlines of socks, terminating in a hook, same as your glove form. When your wool socks were wet, whether from weather or washing, you'd stretch them over a sock form and hang it by the stove to dry.

Time to see what edited photos look like here. This weather has us under the roof, twisted and bootless.





4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Oh, goody -- the edits aren't glaring at all. Next, I'ma get silly. Whee!

Fran, where are those photos?

7:25 PM  
Blogger Wornoutmorgan said...

What a fantastic room ,what are your twisty plants?

3:22 PM  
Blogger calamitysue said...

Are the daffs from your garden Constance?My first narcissus is out,but we gave a savage frost this morning ,it sure aint spring .Oh and no ,Im not the cowgirl ,I avoid photographers and portrait painters.Perhaps one day I will let Jacqui do one ,just to see how she chooses to portray me.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yup, daffies from my garden. The twisty thing is a schifflera (sp?) -- you know, the tropical tree. The kind that usually has lots of leaves. The poor thing has been battling neglect, scale, my brutal attempts to kill the scale, and inadequate light for most of its life; I've had it for longer than 10 years. It was petite and fluffy and one of a braided pair when I got it.

I fixed that, all right.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home